Social networks are fantastic resources for businesses of all sizes looking to promote their brands online. These platforms also provide great opportunities for analysing competitors’ activities, build relationship with your customers increase your brand awareness and create a high converting leads for your business. It’s important that you choose and nurture the social platforms that work best for your business. If you want to create a successful social strategy, you need to familiarize yourself with how each network runs, the kinds of audiences you can reach and your business objectives..
It is important to optimize your social channels with quality contents and excellent customer service which will in turn increase your customer service, build more long and lasting relationship, better customer retention and increase quality traffic to your website.
Here are the best optimization strategies you can adopt when starting your business
- Determine your business objectives: Social media has become part of the marketing strategies for mostcompanies. Every organization should set up clear business objectives of social media which should tally with overall objectives of the company. Some of the objectives might be to improve sales, develop loyal fans, generate leads, increase engagement, Garner invaluable feedback and increase traffic and exposure. Each of these objectives should be measured against each metrics to determine the impact of the strategies which ensures that the time and resources are best utilised.
- Audience/customers Insights: For an effective social media strategy, you need to determine the prospects and audience you want to engage with. Creating a targeted contents for specific audiences is a proven way to increase engagements on your social media contents. The more you know your audience, the easier it will be to engage with them on social media for optimal results. There is need to know where you audience engages on social media and understand there point of view and activities.
- Competitor analysis: One of the simple ways for businesses to take advantage of social media platforms is by analyzing their competition’s movement. This will help you to know which platform they are, know their mistakes and stand out, learn from their content marketing strategy and generate leads from unhappy customers.There is also an added benefit of being able to reverse engineer their marketing strategies based on what content they put out.
- Choose the right channels: There is need to find the social network where your audience hangs out and which social networks has the right demographics. The other factors to consider in choosing the right channels are resources and skills. For example, visual social networks like Pinterest and Instagram requires photos and Images.
- Fill up your Profile: A completed profile is a good branding assets and shows professionalism.
- Right Content: There is need to provide the value contents on social media. The more content provided on the social media, the more. The contents you share on your social media depends on the audience. Examples of contents include quick tips, blog posts, videos, infographics, pictures, jokes and quotes
- Consistency: The frequency and timing of social media posts need to be consistent. There is need to create a social media plan. Companies need to set up a limit to how many posts on a daily or weekly basis. There is also need to set up an editorial calendar which should be adhered to. One of the best ways to do this is to automate the all process using social media monitoring tools like Hootsuite, Buffer and Tweetdeck which will ensure timely delivery of posts and make scheduling of post over a period of time easy.
- Drive more traffic:Creating great contents when no one is reading is useless. Buying fake followers from Fiverr will complicate the case by giving you 100% bounce rate and fewer to zero engagements. The best way is to follow some your target users. Also, reach out to influencers I your niche who can also help promoting your contents.
- Engage and Listen: Social media has a lot to do with your online reputation. Respond to posts as humanely as possible. Address negative feedbacks with respect and patience and use these channels to show an excellent customer service.
- Tracking and analysis: There is need to analyse and track the output of your strategies and see if it is in line with the overall objectives set out at the beginning. Some of the metrics to watch out for include clicks to your website, likes, shares, impressions, follower’s growth. This analysis can be tracked easily using tools like Hootsuite, bitl.y, Google analystics. Analyse these data to determine which contents generate better engagement and optimise it.
Do you think these steps can help you improve the objectives of your company? Drop me a comment